Ahimsa Fund

Today, the rich are richer than ever and the poor are poorer than ever. Despite all the efforts made to date, this disparity is not being reduced fast enough.  In 2015, according to Oxfam, the richest 1% of the world's population possesses more wealth than the remaining 99% of the population combined (Davos 2016).
I believe that we must rethink the models used, while maintaining the basis of a partnership bringing together as many stakeholders as possible.
We need everyone to be involved in order to make a whole. Instead of setting them against each other, we need to bring together the various groups comprising our society, including young and old, rich and poor, men and women, and different religions and cultures. 
We must understand that our differences are strengths on which we should build our future, instead of reasons for conflict. 

 

"Everyone is entitled to all the rights and freedoms set forth in this Declaration, without distinction of any kind, such as race, colour, sex, language, religion, political or other opinion, national or social origin, property, birth or other status." Article 2 of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights. 


I have spent the last 35 years of my working life traveling across every continent of the world, meeting people who are very different from me. These encounters have been extremely rewarding and have opened my eyes to many things.  I have discovered that our world, despite its difficulties, is worth fighting for and passing on to our children.  I have discovered that, with regard to many aspects of access to healthcare for underprivileged populations, we have the necessary solutions but do not know how to share them and make them bear fruit, as we do not know how to work together.Teamwork means making one's skills, experience and expertise available to benefit everyone, so as to make progress in the world. It does not mean keeping to oneself the talents that we have been lucky enough to receive. We must combat such isolated ways of working. Through new models and new incubators, Ahimsa Fund aims to develop a new leadership and forums for discussion and meetings, whereby everyone benefits from interaction with others and everyone can contribute to changing the world.
Jean-François de Lavison

 


Ahimsa Fund focuses on the most underprivileged populations of the world and develops realistic, innovative, cost-effective and replicable public health initiatives with the objective of empowering the local population.
 

Download (PDF, 3.38MB)