Training and experience in Public Health has imparted to Dr Rajnish Gourh valuable skills in programme designing, strategy formulation, advocacy, implementation and management. Joined Impact India Foundation Lifeline Express (World’s first hospital train) in 2011 and its pan Indian presence has provided opportunities for exposure to international figures of Public Health, Government officials and political representatives for the improvement of Public Health in India.
In the past five years, Dr Gourh has visited 15 States and more than 50 Districts dealing with a variety of public health problems in coordination with the Indian Railways, Government officials and the private sector all of which contributed to developing the following core competencies and skills:
• In-depth understanding of International and Indian Public Health System
• Sound knowledge of India’s geography and the related differences in health social determinants.
• Ability to assess complex situations in order to clearly distil critical issues and draw forward-looking conclusions in a co-created and inclusive manner.
• Ability to lead and work effectively in multi-disciplinary team situations.
• Capacity for working across different sectors and institutional levels from policy and decision-making to management, local government, and communities.
• Cultural sensitivity and self management.